This article talks about B-2 Visiting visa – US Visiting visa. If you want to get your family members or relatives for your gradwalk, you need to apply for B-2 Visa. To Obtain B-2 Visa, you need to go through same process of Filling DS-160 form, Visa Interview as you did for F1 Visa. This article also lists the documents required to attend B-2 Visa and discuss about requirements for B-2 Visa.
What is B-2 Visa?
B-2 visa (Visitor for Pleasure) is a non-immigrant type visa that is intended for visitors/Tourists(Father,Mother,Siblings – Brother/Sisters, Uncle, Aunt) to USA. This will be issues for 3 months to 10 years. To visit USA for your grad walk, parents should attend B-2 Visa Interview. Father/mother, Brother/Sister or relatives can attend visa interview at a time as a group for B-2 Visa.
B-2 Visa Procedure
Here is the B-1 Visa process.
- First step in apply to to visa is you need to get a letter from the University about your graduation walk or graduation ceremony. Once you report the graduation (MS,BS/PHD completion) in the university, they will issue the grad walk letter.
- Send an invitation letter to your parents or other family members whom you want to invite for the graduation ceremony.
- Pay Visa fee.
- Complete DS-160 form. If multiple members are attending you add all of them as a group.
- Book Visa appointment with US consulate.
- Attend visa Interview with all necessary documents.
Documents required for B-2 Visa Interview
List of Documents required for B-2 Visa Interview.
- Interview letter
- HDFC bank receipt
- Ds-160 form
- Invitation Letter – Mention your university, course, some description about you.
- Your I-20 and transcripts.
- Property Evaluation of the candidates attending visa interview.
- Tax returns
- Bank balance
- Birth Certificate
- Cover letter to US Consulate requesting B-2 Visa
B-2 Visa Interview questions
B-2 visa Questions are very simple and the chances of B2 visa acceptance is high. Your parents answers should match with that filled on DS-160. Here are some Sample B-2 Visa Interview Questions.
What is your son/daughter is doing USA?
What do you do after gradwalk?
Who will fund your for your stay in USA?
Show me ddocuments to support funds?
When will your return back?