List of Documents required to apply to US Universities for MS in US. Document checklist for US University application. Documentation you need in Application process.
I want to apply for US universities for MS in US. How to apply to US Universities for MS, PhD, MBA? And what are the Application documents required to apply?
The first step in applying to universities is to fill the online application. If online application is not available for a particular university then download paper application from the university’s website. Then send the following documents to university’s graduate admission office. Requirements may change from university to university. Visit the university and department website for exact requirements.
List of Documents required to apply to US Universities
- DD/Bank check for Application fee (If you have not paid the application fee online)
- Recommendation letters (from 3 lectures) – one letter from each lecturer. Click here to see Recommendation letter formats.
- GRE/TOEFL/GMAT/IELTS Score Xerox. (Also you have to report the test scores officially)
- Transcripts (Bachelors Degree). Click here to find How to Get Your Official Academic Transcript for Graduate School.
- Bachelors Degree certificate (If available)
- SSC/10th or Equivalent Certificate
- 12th/ intermediate or Equivalent certificates
- SOP (Statement of Purpose) Click here to know how to write a SOP and for Sample SOPs 9) Bank statement
- Affidavit Click here to see sample self-affidavit
- Study certificate or Job experience certificate
- Photo Copies of first and last pages of your passport
- Copies and proofs of all your other activities (Ex. Paper presentations, Your organizing skills in your symposiums etc.)
- Other documents you have.
University admissions- Frequently asked questions
Can i apply for universities without taking the GRE/TOEFL tests?
Yes, you can apply for universities without taking the tests. But universities will take decision on your admission only after receiving test scores.
I have sent xerox copies of GRE/TOEFL scores to universities. Still Do i need to send the scores officially?
Yes, you must report GRE/TOEFL scores to universities through ETS. Sending xerox copies is only for fast processing of your application.
when should i apply to Universities?
Try to apply 5 to 9 months earlier than the application deadline dates. You would have more probabiliy to get funding if you apply early. In order to get admission into some of the top universities some students apply earlier by 1 year of deadline.
Do i have chances of getting admission if I apply after deadline?
Most of the Low ranked universities won’t consider deadlines. You would have good chances of getting admission even if you apply after deadline. But this is not true in case of top universities.
What is GPA? What is my GPA?
GPA means Grade point Average. It is the standard measure of performance of a student in USA. It is similar to the 100% scoring system in India. There is an institution called WES. They will evaluate your transcripts to calculate your GPA and send the reports to universities. Click here to see the procedure with WES.
I have heard GRE/TOEFL scores plays main role rather than regular academic percentage. Is it true?
Most of the universities will consider GRE/TOEFL score rather than academics. Admission committees consider standardized exams, like the GRE, MCAT, LSAT, and GMAT, to make comparisons among applicants from different countries and different universities. Therefore if you have a low academic percentage, it is essential having good test scores. Some of the universities like University of Cincinnati will consider strong academic percentage of a student rather than his GRE/TOEFL scores.
What is Form I20?
A Form I-20 is a government form that tells the U.S. government that you are eligible for F-1 Student Status. It certifies that (1) you are or expect to be a “bona fide” student; 2) you meet our admissions requirements; (3) you will pursue a full course of study; (4) you proved to us that you have enough money to study and live in the U.S. without working illegally or suffering from poverty.
We bring people uncensored news and views related to postgraduate studies abroad. Know about everything there is to know about studying abroad.