For all the prospective students of Saarland University, herein i am attaching 2 files that will help you out about the knowledge of the university.
Documents for application:
The completed application form must be accompanied by the following documents in German, English or French; translations must be submitted with documents in other languages.
- curriculum vitae / biodata
- a copy of your GRE Score and the GRE Subject Score. ( www.gre.org) Optional! But please note: standardized ratings, especially the GRE, are helpful in assessing your aptitude!
- a copy of your TOEFL (the code of our University, Dept. of Computer Science is 8399), CPE or IELTS score (www.toefl.org;www.cambridge-efl.org; www.ielts.org ). Please note: Excemptions are only made for native speakers and those who hold a degree of a University in a country, where English is the mother tongue. A degree from India or Pakistan will not be considered as valid english proficiency proof.
- two recommendations of professors or employers who know you and your work very well. You can either send us the recommendations in sealed envelopes you get from the referees or we will contact them and obtain the recommendations from them. In any case: please inform them about your choice and give them a copy of our recommendation info-sheet (pdf)/ (Word.doc). Don’t send testimonials.
- academic certificates as copies of the following:
- o school-leaving certificate giving the right of entry to higher education in the applicant´s home country with individual grades
- o all university end-of-year exam certificates (with individual grades)
- o University degree certificate or diploma indicating the final grade(s) / GPA. Please do not apply if the CGPA of your Bachelor degree is under 75%! ( Look at our webpage about Academic Performance / equivalence to a B. Sc. of Saarland University)
All certificates must be accompanied by an explanation of the grading system. Copies of certificates must be officially authenticated. The accuracy of the translation must be confirmed. Original certificates will not be needed until matriculation at our university.
|In cooperation with||Max Planck Institute for Computer Science (MPI Inf),
Max Planck Institute for Software Systems (MPI SWS),
German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI),
Intel Visual Computing Institute (IVCI)
|Admission semester||Summer and winter semester|
|Application deadline||15 May for the following winter semester|
|Course content||During the first three semesters, students choose lectures and seminars (90 credit points). They can choose courses (basic lectures, in-depth lectures, specialised lectures and seminars) in their own fields of specialisation. During the fourth semester, every student has to write a thesis (30 credit points).
We have a unique research environment at the university and the associated institutes: international teams of professors, postgraduates and students collaborate on various fields of research that cover a broad range of subject areas, with particular strengths in:
– artificial intelligence
– computational biology
– computer linguistics
– computer graphics
– algorithms and data structures
– computer networks
– image processing and computer vision
– information and database systems
– programming languages
– computer architecture
Several research groups are among the best in the world in their field.
|Funding opportunities within the university||The International Max Planck Research School for Computer Science has a limited number of full scholarships for the best international students.
For further information: https://pain.cs.uni-saarland.de/index.php?id=131
Ranking the university:
|Iagora.com (Reviews not ranking)||3.8/5||http://www.iagora.com/studies/uni/Universit%E4t_des_Saarlandes|