Advanced Optical Technologies Interview Questions:
Interview will last for 10-15 mins. One should not panic. Usually, the interviewer language can easily be understood and interview was conducted in a friendly manner.
- What is your motivation
- What are your future plans
- Why you apply here
- In which field you would like to specialize?
- About your Proficiency in English language?
Interview was divided in two parts – First Normal followed by Technical Part
- What is Eigen vectors.
- Why it is called Eigen value / vector ?
- Difference between FFT and DFT.
- If you have input for LTI systems then how to calculate output
- Source Coding and Channel Coding
- Fading and its type slow and fast
- AWGN and its distribution
- Fourier transform of AWGN
- Sampling Theorem
- Some Probability related Questions
- RAKE receiver and matched filter
- Short Time Fourier Transform
- Modulation and its Types.
- What is Impulse Response?
INTERVIEW OF ERLANGEN-NUREMBERG ( MASTERS in ADVANCED OPTICAL TECHNOLOGIES ) – MOAT
- Introduce yourself ( 2 mins ) ( Be Fluent, Speak Slowly, Clearly so that they can understand )
- Tell them about your Final Year Project ( Fully ).
They will ask about courses taught in Bachelors degree relating to Masters Degree Pre-requisites. Let them know what you studied (usually Optical Fiber and Lasers, but tell them only if u have full command over LASER working phenomena).
- What is the relationship b/w Wavelength and Frequency ? Also, explain it by inverse relationship
- What do you understand by Total Internal Reflection ?
- What is MAXWELL’s Equation ?
- What is a resonator or resonance ?
- Tell us about what do you think how a ( Rainbow ) is formed
- What is Scalar and Vector Quantity ?
- Critical Angle.