Planning to study abroad and looking for the cheapest universities with quality education? Well, then we have conducted a research and listed below, the list of universities which are low on your pocket and high on delivering quality education –
1. Germany has been growing exponentially in popularity amongst international students. German universities like the Humbolt university of berlin, Technical University Munich and the Freie University provide undergraduate and Ph. D. level courses for free! The only expense is the living cost which is around US$10000. No wonder Germany is known as the “land of ideas”!
2. Next on the list are Nordic universities. One would expect European universities to be nowhere areound a list of affordable universities. But, Nordic universities too provide education to all students for free. Universities like, Karolinska Institute for medicine and the world renowned Univesity of Helsinki are two of the many amazing universities here. Living costs are very expensive and can go around US$12-14k.
3. How can India be forgotten on a list about affordable college programs? With premier research institutes like IISc, IITs, Delhi University and ISI that produced gems like Sundar Pichai, Aung San Suu Kyi and Mira Nair. Tution fee and living costs can only go as high as US$ 10000 in some cases. If you’re enrolled at a government funded program like at ISI then you can expect your yearly costs to be under US$ 1-2k.
4. A surprising entry to the list is Taiwan’s National Taiwan University. It is reputed around the globe for the quality of it’s programs. The country offers more than 100 courses taught in english at more than 40 universities. Taiwan is also popular for offering a good quality of life at nominal price. Sum of all costs in an year comes around US$ 5-6k depending upon the course.
5. However improbable it may sound. Next are some affordable US based universities – Alcorn State University, Minot State University, University of Texas of the Permian Basin and West Texas A&M University are a few colleges with reputes programs which are light on the pocket! Tution fee at these universities range from US$ 6000-9000. Add living costs and the total comes around US$ 20k an year, which, to be fair, is not a lot for the States.
Author: Rohit Kapur