Useful Packing List for Germany.Almost everything needed is mentioned..
1. Valid passport with your student visa
2. Air ticket
3. Admission letter from the university
4. All financial documentation you will require to submit to the university or
5. All original certificates and other important documents
6. Traveller's cheques and sufficient cash
7. Photos - 20 Copies in different sizes
8. Detailed directions to your university or accommodations
9. Details of contacts (Family friends, Seniors, Personal Friends)
1. Spices (Red chilli, Turmeric, Coriander powder etc)
2. Masalas (Sambhar masala, Rasam masala etc)
8. Papad, Appalam
9. Rice & other food items (For the initial few days till u settle down)
10. Ready to eat packs
1. Pressure cooker
2. Spare gaskets & safety valves
3. Electric Rice cooker
5. Mixer (Not a must)
6. Pan (For roasting chapatti)
7. Roller (For rolling chapatti)
8. Vegetable cutter (It makes the job easier but optional)
Toiletries & Medicines
1. First aid box
2. Prescribed Medicines
3. General Medicines
(Against Head ache, Stomach-ache, Cold, Cough, Fever etc)
4. Tooth paste
5. Tooth brush
6. Bathing soap
7. Washing soap
8. Hair oil/Gel
11. Lip guard
12. Cold cream
14. Nail clipper
15. Shaving kit
19. Zandu balm
20. Vicks & Inhaler
21. Band aids
1. Pocket Size Dictionary (German To English & English To German)
2. Photos of deities
3. Needle & Sewing thread
4. Buttons & Hooks
5. Small Umbrella optional
6. Some Books for reading
7. Get a good haircut. Haircuts here cost around € 10 a pop
8. Take a crash course in driving(Indian driving licence is valid up to a period of six
months from the date of your arrival.
9. Get your medical exam done. Check your eyesight and visit your dentist.
10. Specks With Box - ( 1 Spare) if needed
11. Reading glass prescription if any
12. Brief Case
13. Hand Bag
14. Bed Sheet
15. Small Lock & Key
16. Shoulder College Bag (medium size)
Clothes & Accessories:
4. Neck Shawl
5. Woollen Socks & Gloves
6. Formal & casual clothes/dresses
7. Shorts & Night wear
8. Inner wears
9. Bath Towel
10. Small Hand Towel
11. Hand Kerchiefs
12. Shoe Polish with Brush
13. Formal Suit with tie
14. Formal Shoe
15. Sports Shoe
17. Bathroom Slippers
18. Wrist Watch & Wallet
20. Travel waist pouch
21. National attire. There will be occasions where you might need to or might like to
wear traditional attire, so pack a set or two.
1. Laptop with complete accessories if any
2. Music player
3. Digital camera
4. Electrical converter (See image below)
5. Scientific Calculator
6. Mobile, Charger, Ear Phones
7. Software CDs
8. Entertainment CDs
9. Electrical Converter, Electrical SocketHand Luggage.
Passengers are now permitted to carry more than one item of hand luggage through security.
You will, however, need to check with your airline before arrival at the airport. Some airlines
will only allow you to carry one item of hand baggage, and the weight and size allowances
differ between airlines.
Cabin baggage must be no bigger, including wheels, handles and any side pockets, than:
56 centimetres tall (22 inches)
45 centimetres wide (17.7 inches)
25 centimetres deep (10 inches)
Check with your airline as some have further restrictions on the size of bags.
· All items of luggage which do not fit in the permitted cabin baggage size must be checked in
to be placed in the aircraft hold.
· Musical instruments which do not fit in the permitted cabin baggage size are allowed as a
second item of cabin baggage; they will need to be screened and passengers should check
with their airlines if special arrangements (e.g. purchasing an extra seat) for these large
instruments will be required.
· Laptops will need to be removed from your bag at Airport and screened separately in the trays
· Pushchairs, walking aids and wheelchairs are permitted but will be screened.
Some liquids (e.g. gels, lotions, pastes, liquid cosmetics, foams and other liquid-based items)
are now allowed through airport security check points. The following restrictions apply to the
quantity of liquids:
Liquids may only be carried in containers no greater than 100ml.
These containers must be brought to the airport contained in a single, transparent, re-sealable
plastic bag, which itself must not exceed 1 litre in capacity (approximately 20cm x 20cm).
The contents of the plastic bag must fit comfortably and the bag must be sealed.
Each passenger may carry only one such bag of liquids. The bag must be presented for
Liquids that cannot be placed inside the re-sealable bag must be packed into the hold luggage
and checked in. Liquids of any amount can still be carried in luggage checked into the aircraft
hold.Please note 'Liquids' include:
All drinks, including water, soup, syrups
Creams, lotions, oils, perfumes, lip gloss or lip balms, mascara etc.
Sprays and pressurized containers including shaving foam and spray deodorants
Pastes, including toothpastes
Gels, including hair and shower gel
Any other solutions and items of similar consistency
There are two exceptions to the above rules:
Baby food needed during the flight;
Medicines needed during the flight.
You should always check the exact hand luggage restrictions with your airline prior to
Following Articles not accepted in checked-in baggage:
Jewellery, precious metal, precious and semi-precious stones
Computer, camera, Video camera, Cellular phone and any other electronic or technical
appliances and their accessories
Official, Business or Private documents
Travel or other identity documents
Liquid (except: acid battery of a wheel chair)
Pieces of art and fine arts
Knives with blades of any length
Toy or replica guns (metal or plastic)