A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
At the Institute of Radiooncology – OncoRay scientists specializing in medicine, physics, biology and IT work together to crucially improve the treatment of cancer by administering radiation therapy that is biologically-personalized and technically-optimized.
The Institute invites applications as PhD Student (m/f) – bringing proton range verification to the patient.
The position will be available from 01 June 2018. The employment contract is limited to three years. The regular weekly working time will be 19.5 hours. The place of work is Dresden.
– Evaluation of a prototype of a prompt-gamma-imaging (PGI) system for verification of the proton range from a clinical and medical physics point of view. This includes:
– characterization of the accuracy and reproducibility of the system,
– quality assurance of the system,
– application during patient treatments within a clinical trial,
– evaluation of the measured data.
– improve the data evaluation process to extract clinical relevant information
– support the translational research for other prompt-gamma-based methods (Prompt Gamma Timing).
– present the results on international conferences and in peer-reviewed publications
– supervise Bachelor and Master studies
– high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
– internationality and diversity
– interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
– equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
– attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Christian Richter, Tel.: +49 351 458 6536 or Mrs. Kathrin Adamek-Genschmar Tel.: +49 351 458 7417.
Job-Id: 20/2018 (706)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.daad.de/deutschland/promotion/phd/de/13306-phdgermany-datenbank/?detail=3158 →