This article talks about H1B Dropbox Visa Stamping procedure. Eligibility for H1B Visa Stamping though Dropbox. Documents required procedure for H1B Dropbox submissions. Visa Interview Waiver Program for H1B Visa Renewals.
H1B DropBox Eligibility
New H1B Visa Dropbox stamping facility is only for the applicants in the following categories.
Dropbox for H1B Renewals?
H1B renewals can be done though Dropbox with two conditions
1) You are already stamped for H1b Visa with in last 48 months which means your H1B visa is still valid or expired in last 48 months.
2) If you don’t have change of employers from previous stamping.
First time F-1 to H1B stamping candidates – Eligible for Dropbox Submission?
No. OPT to H1B, CPT to H1B, F1 to H1B candidates are not eligible for Dropbox submission for H1B visa stamping. You must attend face to face interview with US Visa Officer.
How long would it take for H1B Visa Approval though Dropbox?
You will receive a reply from embassy about decision on your visa after 3 days of Dropbox Submission. There is no maximum time limit set for the Dropbox submissions.
Documents required for H1B Dropbox Visa Stamping
- Pay slips from your current or most recent place of employment.
- Bank statements covering the preceding twelve months of employment in the United States.
- Names and current phone numbers of the personnel managers at your present and previous places of employment.
- Federal tax forms 1040 and W-2 for all the years which you have been employed in the United States
Resume or CV.
- Current passport.
- Your current or most recent visa.
- One copy of the drop-box letter.
- One photograph taken within the last six months (conforming to the guidelines on this webpage). In the vast majority of cases, YOU MAY NOT SUBMIT THE SAME PHOTOGRAPH THAT APPEARED ON YOUR LAST VISA. Failure to submit a valid photograph will delay the processing of your case.
Supporting documentation required for your visa type.
H1B Visa Stamping Dropbox Experience, Procedure
Here is visa experience of a H1B work permit visa applicant – Dropbox at Chennai
The process was a breeze, there was a line outside the ofc center but i told the security that i was here for dropbox and he let me in immediately. on the 1st floor they checked my bags and told me to switch off my phone, then went into another room where i was asked for the appointment letter, i showed them the Dropbox confirmation letter. they gave me a blue ticket and told me to go to counter 10 once the fellow interviewing there is done. i went to the counter, handed my documents and passport, the guy behind the counter checked everything and then handed me a receipt which tells that i submitted all the document, i asked him when can i get my passport he said “minimum 3 days, maximum cant say” . he told me that i will be informed that my passport is ready via E-mail or SMS to the contact number, he also said that there is a possibility that i may be called for an interview based on the documents i submitted and background verification. i asked him if there is any way to track the progress , he said there is none. so basically i have to wait till i get an sms or email that my passport i ready for pickup or that i need to come in for an additional interview..