The major difference is with recognition of degree by AICTE, India. Only courses with 120 credits are recognized as master degree courses in India. Those with 90 credits will be recognized as diploma. Some of the differences with 120 and 90 credits Programs in Germany are briefly explained. Use the comment section below in case of queries.
Courses with 120 Credits:
- 2 Year Program
- All of the Technical Universities (Technische Universität) offer courses with 120 credits.
- Recognized worldwide, also in India.
- Directly Eligible to apply for PH.D Programs.
Courses with 90 Credits:
- 1.5 Yr Program
- Mostly FH Universities (Fachochschule) offer 90 credits programs.
- Does not include Thesis.
- Recognized as Diploma in India.
- Not eligible for Ph.D programs.