DAAD is a student organization that stands for ‘The German Academic Exchange service’. Main work of this service is to provide scholarships to international students in Germany for a wide range of PG courses conducted at German University. It was established to support educated students from developing countries to specialize further in academics
It also provides useful data about the educational institutions imparting higher education and also research institutes in Germany. It promotes academic exchange between India and Germany. This service was established in the year 1960 to support the students.
The target groups are young students and professionals from developing countries like Asia, Pacific Islands, Africa, Eastern Europe, South and Central America.
These are the following eligibility criteria:
• DAAD aspirants should work in a public authority, private company or a state in a developing country. He/she should have active participation in the planning and execution of projects & derivatives that lay stress on development policies.
• He/she should have successfully completed their academic degree with higher percentage and grades. They should have minimum of 2 years of professional work experience.
• Have minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the specific subject.
• Students’ academic degree should not be more than 6 years old.
• Those interested in English courses must have IELTS certificate (Band 6) or TOEFL score, minimum 500 (paper based), 213 (computer based) and 80 (internet based).
• For academic courses in German DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 is required. When filling the application German skills should be completed at A2 level. Having done German language course at A2 or B1 level is highly recommended.
How to Apply:
Indian students, who want to apply for DAAD, have to do it online. They have to register themselves in the official portal. Firstly select the ‘Call for applications’ for their selected scholarship program and thereafter the tab ‘application portal’ given in scholarship database. This tab is only visible on the portal during the time period when it is possible to apply for the scholarship program or when the portal is open for new applications.
Benefits for Indian Students:
DAAD offers Indian students scholarships in Germany. The biggest advantage for applicants is, they get a chance work together in projects with German researchers, scientists and practitioners in wide selection of areas. These scholarships can be attained in many subjects like Literature, Architecture, Technology, Management and Arts.
Students can have easy access to extensive information about higher education in Germany. Indian students can avail the benefits of getting scholarships in Germany. This organization also invites Indian scientists to their country and lends support in mutual research projects.
This student body also offers DAAD WISE scholarships for working internships in science and engineering. Indian students can apply online for scholarships of 2-3 months duration internship at higher education and research institutes in Germany.
Consistently there has been marginal increase in the number of Indian students taking admission at German Universities. In past few years Germany has emerged as one of the most popular academic and research destination for Indian students and researchers.
We bring people uncensored news and views related to postgraduate studies abroad. Know about everything there is to know about studying abroad.